Officials blame an overheated heat pump for smoke that forced evacuation of a high school in south-central Nebraska.
Kearney High School was emptied early Monday afternoon after smoke filled a classroom and an office.
Firefighters were called in, and officials say they found that a heat pump had overheated and sent a burning smell through the school hallways.
Students and staff members were let back into the building about an hour after evacuating.
No injuries have been reported.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.