Smoke Forces Kearney High School Evacuation

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Officials blame an overheated heat pump for smoke that forced evacuation of a high school in south-central Nebraska.

Kearney High School was emptied early Monday afternoon after smoke filled a classroom and an office.

Firefighters were called in, and officials say they found that a heat pump had overheated and sent a burning smell through the school hallways.

Students and staff members were let back into the building about an hour after evacuating.

No injuries have been reported.

KOLN-TV Call: (402) 467-4321 Toll-free: 1-800-475-1011 840 North 40th Lincoln, NE 68503 Email: KGIN-TV Call: (308) 382-6100 123 N Locust Street Grand Island, NE 68802 Email: KSNB-TV Toll free 888-475-1011 123 N. Locust St. Grand Island, NE 68802 Email :
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174451421 -
Gray Television, Inc.