The Agriculture Department says Nebraska's winter wheat crop remained in bad condition despite some rain and snow that brought much-needed moisture to the state.
The USDA says in its December report that 15 percent of the crop was rated very poor and 34 percent poor. That total of 49 percent is 3 points above the 46 percent in a report issued at the end of November.
The USDA says unseasonably warm and dry weather in the first half of December was followed by rain and snow. The snow provided cover for fields of winter wheat.
Hay and forage supplies were rated 10 percent very short, 29 short, 61 adequate and 0 surplus. Last year at this time ratings totaled 96 percent for adequate to surplus.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.