Prep Time: 15 min, Bake: 30 min. Makes: 9 servings
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1/2 cup Splenda, divided
• 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup skim milk
• 1/3 cup prune baby food
• 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
• 1-1/4 cups boiling water
• Low-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, baby food and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
• Combine brown sugar with remaining sugar and cocoa; sprinkle over the batter. Carefully pour water over the top (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 28-32 minutes or until top is set and edges pull away from sides of dish. Serve warm; top with ice cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (not including ice cream): 153 calories, 1 g fat, trace saturated fat, trace cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.