· 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
· 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 cup chopped onion
· 2-4 tablespoons chicken broth
· 4 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
· 2 cups steamed, chopped broccoli
· 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, salt and peppers until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm. In the same pan, sauté onion in chicken broth until tender; add garlic and cook one minute longer. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the half-and-half, and cheese. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir chicken back into sauce. Drain fettuccine; mix with chicken mixture. Stir in broccoli; sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutritional Facts per Serving (1 1/2 cups): 470 calories, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 105 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 47 g protein.