Asparagus and Shrimp Rotini
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
· 1 lb. asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
· ½ cup prepared garlic and herb dressing mix, divided
· 1 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp
· 1 cup thin red pepper strips
· ½ cup thin slices red onion
· 2 cups whole wheat rotini, uncooked
· 1 pkg. (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
· Cook asparagus in 1 tablespoon of the prepared dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
· Add shrimp, onion and red pepper; cover. Cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
· Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package.
· Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add remaining dressing, asparagus mixture and cheese; toss lightly. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 ½ cups): 340 calories, 14g fat, 4g saturated fat, 130mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 31g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 24g protein