3 egg whites
1 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
1 cup skim milk
1 ¾ c old fashioned oats
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. cream of tartar (or 2 tsp. vinegar)
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 cups sugar substitute (sucralose or stevia are recommended)
Peanut Butter Icing:
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
¼-½ cup PB2
½ cup sugar substitute (or to taste)
Optional additions to the frosting: 2 tbsp. sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix (this will give it a more chocolaty flavor), 1 small tub light whipped topping (this will give the frosting a light & creamy flavor)
ALL YOU DO
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper or foil liners.
2. Place all of the ingredients for the cupcakes in a blender or food processor. Blend until oats are ground and batter is smooth.
3. Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Meanwhile, to make the frosting, place all of the ingredients for the frosting in a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend/process for about 2-3 minutes straight until frosting is creamy and fluffy. Add pudding mix and/or fold in whipped topping at this point if desired. Taste and adjust flavors if desired with more sweetener or PB2.
5. Place frosting in fridge while cupcakes are cooling. When completely cool, frost generously. Garnish with chopped peanuts or mini chocolate chips and ENJOY!