· 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
· 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
· 1 each medium green, red and yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
· 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
· 2 tsp. cumin
· 2 tsp. chili powder
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning (optional)
· 7 whole wheat tortillas
· Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, green peppers, salsa
· In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, beans, tomatoes, peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
· Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken and return to the slow cooker; heat through.
· Spoon about 2/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Finish it off with optional toppings
Nutritional Facts per Taco (calculated without optional toppings): 375 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 54 mg cholesterol, 906 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 31 g protein