· 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
· 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
· 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
· 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs, preferably whole wheat
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· Freshly black pepper
· Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
· Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
· Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts per Serving (1/2 cup): 105 calories, 6 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1.5 g fiber, 5 g protein.