1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
4 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. brandy, if desired
16 oz. can pumpkin
1. Heat oven to 350°. Butter 9-inch spring form pan.
2. In medium bowl, combine pecans, breadcrumbs and sugar. Drizzle melted butter over pecan mixture; toss to combine. Press into bottom and up sides of pan, refrigerate.
3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in brown sugar and sugar until smooth. At low speed, add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended.
4. In small bowl, combine flour, spice brandy and pumpkin, and mix well. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, beat until smooth. Pour into crust lined pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 1/2 hours or until center is set. Turn oven off and let cake stand in oven for 30 minutes with door open at least four inches.
6. Run sharp knife around edge of pan.
7. Cool to room temperature on wire rack.
8. Cover, refrigerate overnight.