* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
* 6 slices bacon, diced
* 2 onions, chopped
* 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup white wine
* 1 pound tomatoes, diced
1. Heat oil in a large skillet; brown chicken; remove. Add bacon and saute over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Add onions and mushrooms and continue to saute until onions are translucent. Return chicken to skillet; sprinkle with parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Add wine and tomatoes. Cover and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, turning chicken once during cooking. Remove chicken from skillet and pour sauce over chicken.