All you need:
· 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
· 2 cups panko bread crumbs
· 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
· 1 tsp chipotle pepper puree
· 1 tbsp honey
All you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F; season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Place egg whites in a shallow bowl and panko bread crumbs on a plate.
3. Dip tenders in eggs, then roll in bread crumbs.
4. Place the breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the crumbs have browned and the chicken is firm.
5. Combine the mustard, chipotle pepper puree, and honey is a large bowl. Toss the cooked chicken tenders in the mixture so they are evenly coated.
Nutrition facts (per serving):
240 calories, 2 grams fat, 32 grams protein, 23 grams carbohydrate, 350 mg sodium
In comparison, one serving of KFC Hot Wings has…
450 calories, 29 grams of fat, 27 grams protein 23 grams carbohydrate, 1120 mg sodium