1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
2 tbsp celery finely diced
2 tbsp red pepper finely diced
2 tbsp onion finely diced
1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn
1 C peeled, diced raw sweet or golden potato
1 C water
1/4 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tbsp flour
2 C low-fat or skim milk
1/2 C cubed ham
2. Add garlic, celery, red pepper and onion, sauté for 2 minutes or until onion become transparent
3. Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Place 1/2 cup milk in a jar with tight fitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously; OR slowly whisk flour into 1/2 cup milk.
5. Gradually add milk and flour mixture to cooked vegetables and add remaining milk.
6. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil, and thickens.
7. Reduce heat and stir in ham. Let sit on low for 2 to 3 minutes so ham can warm through.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.