1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
2 tbsp celery finely diced
2 tbsp red pepper finely diced
2 tbsp onion finely diced
1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen whole kernel corn
1 C peeled, diced raw sweet or golden potato
1 C water
1/4 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tbsp flour
2 C low-fat or skim milk
1/2 C cubed ham
2. Add garlic, celery, red pepper and onion, sauté for 2 minutes or until onion become transparent
3. Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Place 1/2 cup milk in a jar with tight fitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously; OR slowly whisk flour into 1/2 cup milk.
5. Gradually add milk and flour mixture to cooked vegetables and add remaining milk.
6. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil, and thickens.
7. Reduce heat and stir in ham. Let sit on low for 2 to 3 minutes so ham can warm through.