Grilled Salmon and New Potatoes with Lemon-Garlic Sauce
What's more fun to grill than fish!
1-1/2 lbs small red potatoes, cut into wedges
1 small red onion, cut into small wedges
Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee ground black pepper
2 tbsp Grand Selections olive oil, divided
¾ cup Hy-Vee mayonnaise
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp grated lemon peel
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 lbs fresh wild Alaskan salmon fillets, with skin
2 tbsp fresh snipped basil
1. Lightly grease grill rack. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Fold a 36-by-18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil in half to make an 18-inch square. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
2. Place potatoes and onion in center of foil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Bring up opposite sides of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose vegetables, leaving a space for steam to build.
3. Place packet over medium heat. Grill 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Meanwhile, for lemon-garlic sauce, add mayonnaise, garlic, lemon peel and lemon juice to blender or food processor. Cover; blend or process until smooth. Cover and chill until serving time.
5. Rinse salmon; pat dry. Cut fillets into eight (4-oz each) pieces.
6. Brush salmon with remaining oil. Sprinkle with basil; season with salt and black pepper.
7. After potatoes have grilled for 25 minutes, place fillets, skin-side-down, on grill. Top with lemon slices.
8. Grill 8 to 12 minutes or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork. Do not turn fish during grilling.
9. *Reserve 4 pieces of salmon.
Serves 4 + reserves.