October 22, 2014
Storms continued to batter portions of Nebraska late Saturday and into Sunday. Severe storms bringing damaging winds, hail and rain were making their way east after first descending on Lake McConaughy and nearby areas.
Hail was reported Saturday night and early Sunday morning in the following areas:
- 1.75 inch/ golf ball sized hail reported in Plymoth in Jefferson County
- 1.75 inch/ golf ball sized hail reported covering Interstate 80 at mile marker 122 just west of Ogallala in Keith County
- 1.25 inch/half-dollar sized hail reported 4 miles west of Fairbury in Jefferson country
- 1 inch/ quarter sized hail reported at 27th Street and Superior in Lincoln
- 1 inch/ quarter sized hail reported north-northeast of Cushman Plant just west of Lincoln
- 1 inch/ quarter sized hail reported one mile east of Western in Saline County
- 1 inch/ quarter sized hail reported in Gilead in Thayer County
- 1 inch/ quarter sized hail reported in Fairbury in Jefferson County
Please send photos of storm damage, storm activity or hail damage to email@example.com.
For the latest information on severe weather tune in to 10/11 News and visit our Weather Page.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.