7-day Forecast | Looping Radar
Forecast for Central and Eastern Nebraska
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2015
We will continue to see residual effects from our departing storm system on Tuesday...with flurries and a brisk wind still at hand for most of us. High pressure will build in by Wednesday...with cool, breezy and sunny conditions likely. The rest of the week looks to be quiet...with a bit of a warming trend for Thursday and Friday...highs back in the 40s for many.
NOON: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of flurries and snow showers. Temperature, 29 to 31. West wind at 10 to 25 mph.
3:00 PM: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of flurries and snow showers. Temperature, 33 to 35. West wind at 15 to 25 mph.
TODAY: Variable clouds with occasional light snow in northern Nebraska. Light snow showers or flurries in southern Nebraska. Highs in the upper 20s to mid 30s. WNW 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy with scattered flurries in the evening. Becoming partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the upper teens to mid 20s. Northwest wind at 10 to 25 mph.
WEDNESDAY: Partly to mostly sunny and still breezy. Highs in the mid to upper 30s. Northwest wind at 15 to 25 mph.
THURSDAY: Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower to mid 40s.
Click Here for All the Links to Follow the Weather Team on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus
Nature and Science Headlines
21 Accidents Reported in Lincoln Monday
Updated: 6:12 AM
- Material spreading operations are continuing throughout Lincoln with City street crews applying material wherever they find accumulation on city snow emergency routes, bus routes, school routes and arterials.
Nebraska Weather Network's Winter Weather Special - Watch a Replay
- Click in the story to watch a replay of the Nebraska Weather Network's Winter Weather Special.
Red Flag Warning Issued in Nebraska
- Monday's weather was the perfect recipe for fires across Nebraska. The National Weather Service issued a red flag warning for most of the 10/11 News Viewing Area. The warnings expired around 6:00 p.m., but crews still spent the night putting out fires from Southeast Nebraska to North Platte.
33 Years Since The Last Supermoon
- On Sunday the moon will be full and in its closest point in its orbit around the Earth making it a supermoon.
3.6 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Early Wednesday
- Just before 2 a.m this morning the 3.6 magnitude earthquake struck 22 miles southeast of Thedford in Thomas county. The earthquake occurred at a depth of 3 miles putting it below the Ogallala aquifer.
More Nature and Science Headlines