Healthcare workers and people in long term care facilities will be first to receive vaccine in Nebraska
LINCOLN, Neb. - During a Wednesday morning press conference, Gov. Ricketts reminded the public about the State’s Vaccination Plan.
During Phase 1, there will be a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses available and segments of the population will be prioritized to receive the vaccine.
Phase 1 A
- Healthcare personnel (hospitals, home health care, pharmacies, EMS, outpatient, public health)
- Long-term Care Facility residents and staff
Early stages of supply will only go to those staff providing direct patient care and/or are exposed to infectious materials. Initial supplies of vaccine will not go to:
- Administrative staff
- Staff working remotely
- Staff not in direct contact with COVID patients or infectious materials
Phase 1 B
- First responders
- Education sector
Phase 1 C
- 65 years of age
- Vulnerable populations (disabled, homeless, etc)
- Congregate settings (incarcerated, colleges/universities, etc)
Phase 2 – Large number of vaccine doses available, sufficient to meet the demand of general population.
Copyright 2020 KOLN. All rights reserved.