Three new COVID-19 deaths in Lincoln
LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - The Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department reported Tuesday that three more people have died from COVID-19.
Pat Lopez, Director of the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, said the deaths were all males - one in his 40s, one in his 50s and one in his 70s. Lopez said two of the three people who died were not vaccinated.
The health department said there were a total of 274 COVID-19 cases over the holiday weekend: 139 Saturday, 76 Sunday, 59 Monday. On Tuesday, 159 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Lancaster County.
Lopez said our community lost 30 people to COVID-19 in August, with 9 of those under the age of 60. Lopez said all 9 were unvaccinated and included 2 people in their 50s, 3 people in their 40s, 3 people in their 30s and one person in their 20s.
Lopez said our community lost 52 people to COVID-19 from March - August, with 83 percent of those people not vaccinated.
COVID-19: For the week ending Sept 3, here's a breakdown in cases by age in Lincoln/Lancaster...— Bill Schammert (@BillSchammert) September 7, 2021
**Indicates highest since pandemic started#lnk | #covid19 pic.twitter.com/9M8QERRf7W
Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 93 with 63 from Lancaster County (4 on ventilators) and 30 from other communities (4 on ventilators)
Risk Dial: mid-orange, high risk of COVID-19 spread and impact in the community
Directed Health Measure: The current DHM is effective through September 30 and includes a mask requirement for all individuals ages 2 and older regardless of vaccination status. More information on the health measure and masks is available at lincoln.ne.gov/DHM and lincoln.ne.gov/mask.
Vaccinations administered (vaccination goal is 75%):
- Initiated vaccinations (first doses): 197,622
- Completed vaccinations (second doses and J&J vaccine): 184,309
- Residents age 16 and older who are fully vaccinated: 71.6%
Upcoming vaccination clinics (subject to change; walk-ins welcome at all locations):
- Wednesday, September 8, 4 to 6 p.m., LLCHD, 3131 “O” St. – first and second doses
- Friday, September 10, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., LLCHD – first and second doses; 4 to 5 p.m., Gathering Place, 1144 “M” St. – first and second doses, walk-ins only
- Monday, September 13, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., LLCHD – first and second doses
- Wednesday, September 15, 3 to 5 p.m., Nebraska Wesleyan University, Acklie Hall of Science, 4950 Baldwin Ave. – first and second doses
- Friday, September 17, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., LLCHD – first and second doses
Copyright 2021 KOLN. All rights reserved.