LFR battles two-alarm house fire in northwest Lincoln
LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Lincoln Fire & Rescue worked to put out a two-alarm house fire in the northwestern part of the city early Monday morning.
Crews were called to the scene just after 2:30 a.m. near Northwest 8th & Bridger Road. Battalion Chief Jeremy Gegg says firefighters arrived to a two-stall garage that was on fire.
Gegg says firefighters were able to search the inside of the home and determine that no one was inside it. Gegg added that crews had to evacuate the structure due to the roof beginning to collapse while they worked to put out the fire.
Gegg says the two occupants inside the home got out without any injuries. He added that a dog and a cat were located and are also said to be just fine.
No injuries have been reported.
Gegg says investigators determined that the fire started in an electrical outlet inside the garage, which resulted in roughly $250,000 in damage.
Gegg reported it took firefighters roughly 30 minutes to contain.
Video captured by the 10/11 NOW Skyview camera showed large flames and black smoke coming from the home as firefighters rushed to the scene.
Copyright 2023 KOLN. All rights reserved.