Chick-fil-A will open Lincoln’s second stand-alone restaurant on Thursday at the corner of 48th and O Streets.
Local franchise owner and operator Dustin Andrews is inviting people to join in the opening festivities at his new restaurant by participating in a First 100 Campout 12-hour event.
People are invited to camp out in the restaurant parking lot for a chance to win prizes, including free Chick-fil-A for a year. Registration begins in the restaurant parking lot Wednesday at 6 p.m.
Up to 100 adults will win a digital offer card with a year of free Chick-fil-A meals (52 meals with each consisting of a Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, medium Waffle Potato Fries and a medium beverage).
The community event is open to guests surrounding the restaurant with a list of eligible zip codes and complete rules found at https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/News/Future-Openings.
The celebration includes a children’s book drive benefitting the Boys & Girls Club of Lincoln/Lancaster County, reflecting Andrews’ desire to positively impact and support his local community. Since 2014, Chick-fil-A has donated nearly 70,000 books to 341 local organizations in 45 states and Washington, D.C.
“I am excited to bring another Chick-fil-A to Lincoln to meet our growing customer base and have an opportunity to serve the community outside my restaurant,” said Andrews. “I am committed to developing my Team Members as together we provide a remarkable experience for our guests.”
Andrews’ new 4,000-square-foot restaurant is located at one of the city’s busiest intersections.
Highlights include a:
• convenient way to decrease pick-up time including two Chick-fil-A mobile ordering pickup parking spaces, along with a designated mobile pick-up counter.
• two-story indoor playground with an interactive toddler section.
• perimeter placed drive-thru, handling upwards of 200 cars an hour, that features dual ordering lanes and screens to enable customers to move quickly into a single lane for payment and pickup.
• dining room with free Wi-Fi and 88 seats, along with a 12-seat outdoor patio.
• full-service menu with a variety of healthy and dietary options and breakfast until 10:30 a.m., and will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.,
Monday through Saturday. Chick-fil-A locations are closed on Sunday to provide a day of rest and time with family and friends for team members.
Chick-fil-A opened Lincoln’s first restaurant in October 2015 at SouthPointe Pavilion. The opening of the 48th & O Street restaurant will be followed by the upcoming opening of a location on the University of Nebraska campus. For more information about the 48th & O Street location, visit Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ChickfilA48thandO/.