UPDATE: Fire unintentionally started at Lincoln home; $80K in damages

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Lincoln Fire and Rescue said a young man with special needs was playing with a lighter on the front porch of a home when a fire started Wednesday.

The call came into 1800 Euclid Avenue around 1 p.m.

Battalion Chief Jim Bopp said the fire was unintentionally started by the person playing with the lighter. He adds that everyone made it out of the home, but one person was later taken to the hospital for evaluation.

LFR also reports that one cat was killed due to the fire.

They add that there's about $80,000 in damages to the home and the Red Cross is helping the family with relocation.

All the other pets inside made it out and are fine.

The number of occupants inside the home wasn't able to be confirmed by LFR.