Fire near UNL's East Campus caused by space heater, LFR says

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews responded to a fire near the University of Nebraska's East Campus on Tuesday morning.

The call came in around 6:30 a.m. to the area of 31st and Potter Streets.

According to LFR, crews arrived to find a camper on fire behind a home.

The camper is a total loss, LFR said, and the cause has been determined to be a space heater.

No injuries have been reported.

LFR is reminding people to keep combustibles clear of space heaters.