UPDATE: Food on the stove causes fire at Lincoln apartment complex

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Lincoln Fire and Rescue said food burning on a stove started a fire that caused roughly $200,000 at an apartment complex Friday night.

Crews responded to the fire Friday night at Chateau La Fleur at 6100 Vine Street around 7:40 p.m.

LFR said one person was taken to the hospital, but did not give an age, gender or condition.

LFR said people passing by called 911 after seeing flames coming from the unit. When a 1011 NOW reporter arrived on scene, there was smoke pouring out of one of the apartments.

LFR said the fire caused $100,000 in damage to the structure and $100,000 in damage to its contents.