Women in Trail's inner-circle testify they believed he was capable of killing

Published: Jul. 1, 2019 at 10:54 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Three women testified in the Saline County Court Tuesday that Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell constantly talked about killing and torturing.

The prosecution called the women, who 10/11 Now will only name by initials in the third week of the Sydney Loofe murder trial. Once again, Trail didn't attend.

All three women said they were recruited to the group through Boswell's Tinder account between July and November of 2017.

A.H., the first woman to testify said in court Monday that Trail told her he was a vampire who could fly and read minds, and that Boswell was a witch.

He told her she could become a witch too if she killed someone.

A.H. finished her testimony Tuesday morning.

She described rules that Trail and Boswell made her follow.

"I was not allowed to be with or speak to any other men, I had to ask for everything in the house, like if I could get a drink or go to the bathroom," A.H. said.

She said she was required to contact Trail every three hours and tell him where she was, she had to call Trail "daddy" and she said she and Boswell weren't allowed to wear clothes inside the apartment.

She said if she didn't comply, she was punished. She said once Trail punished her by putting a belt around her neck and choking her. Another time she said he slapped her in the head more than ten times.

"All I could see was stars," A.H. said.

She said Trail and Boswell brought up killing and torturing people often. She said they told her they needed to kill to get powers and asked her to imagine how she wanted to torture and kill people. A.H. told them Trail and Boswell she wanted to cut and scalp people.

A.H. said Boswell told her she wanted to cut out people's eyelids, cut holes in people while having sex with them, pour acid on them and set them on fire.

A.H. said Trail once showed her what he called "Bailey's killing bag." She said he showed her a sauna suit, hammer and pair of pliers that were in the bag. She said Trail told her they wear the plastic sauna suits while they kill and she would have one of her own one day. Investigators found a sauna suit in rural Clay County where Loofe's body was left.

She testified Tuesday that while Trail would plan for her to kill people and she initially agreed to do it, and was excited about it, she knows now she was manipulated.

"At that point it all sounded right," A.H. said. "it all sounded like what we were supposed to do, growing up you want to believe there's something bigger than you."

She said she felt like she was hypnotized with Trail talked to her.

The defense asked A.H. if she was ever pressured to have sex and she said no. They asked if she wanted to join the group and follow the rules and she said yes. They asked if she was excited about the killing and the torturing and she said yes.

A.H. left the group in September 2017.

During the course of this relationship, Trail gave A.H. a weekly allowance of $200, paid for her rent and car payments a handful of times and gave her antiques to sell for which she kept the profits.

The second woman to testify, A.G., came into Trail and Boswell's life shortly after A.H. did, but said the two didn't cross paths much.

A.G. said she met Boswell on Tinder right shortly after graduating high school. The woman, originally from Russia, said right after talking with Boswell on Tinder, she was introduced to Trail.

Trail took her to breakfast where she and A.G. talked about her goals and aspirations. He told her he could help her make it happen, that he had faster ways to get money.

At that initial meeting, Trail gave her $100.

The next time she saw Trail was at his apartment in Wilber after shopping with Boswell. She said she and Boswell showed Trail the new clothes they bought and had sex while Trail watched and touched them. This is very similar to a story A.H. told Monday.

A.G. then told the jury she decided she didn't want to be involved with Trail or Boswell sexually, just wanted to get involved in their antique business.

"That's what kept me there," A.G. said.

She described selling antiques on eBay and at the Aardvark Antique Mall where Trail and Boswell also sold antiques. She said she went on roadtrips with the couple to antique stores and auctions where they'd sometimes steal antiques to re-sell.

She said she was also told she needed to follow rules in the house at first, but after gaining Trail and Boswell's trust she didn't have to follow all of them.

A.G. said she was punished with whipping or slapping a few times for not following the rules.

She said Trail and Boswell told her about witches and vampires too, but said she didn't buy it.

"When they talked about it I just didn't react just listened," A.G. said.

She echoed what A.H. said about Trail and Boswell often talking about killing.

She said Trail would talk about breaking people's fingers and giving them slow, painful deaths.

Trail asked A.G. to participate in a killing. She said they'd take a video of it and sell it for $1 million.

"I completely believed they were capable of something like that, 100 percent," A.G. said.

A.G. said the last time she saw Trail or Boswell was several weeks before police contacted her on November 21. She said the last time she talked to Trail or Boswell on the phone was November 16.

The defense said at one point A.G. told them she was at Trail and Boswell's apartment in Wilber on the 16th, but she said she was confused and meant she talked to them on the phone.

The third woman who testified, known as K.B., was the last woman to be recruited by Boswell before Loofe's disappearance.

K.B. said just wanted a caring relationship with Boswell, but understood Boswell was in a relationship with Trail and they were "a package deal." She said she and Bailey were going to engage in a dominant/submissive relationship. She said she was to call Trail "daddy" and Boswell "mommy."

She described having to follow the same rules as A.H. and A.G. But said said she and Boswell were also required to give Trail massages and oral sex whenever requested.

K.B. said when Trail first gave her money he said "if you ever speak of me I'll kill you and your entire family."

She also said she didn't want the money, but Boswell made her take it.

"It seemed like a dealbreaker," K.B. said.

She said she spent a significant amount of time with Trail and Boswell in the weeks after meeting them.

In those days she said she had sex with Boswell several times. Sometimes she would wear a collar and leash and pretend she was a cat.

She said she was once punished with rough anal sex for not spending enough time with them. She said a few times during sex Boswell and Trail forced her to talk about torturing people so "Bailey could get off faster."

She said Boswell talked about killing someone who wouldn't stop texting her and asked K.B. if she would kill for her.

At some point Boswell took K.B. home and made plans to pick her up again a few days later- on November 16, the same day cell phone data puts Trail and Boswell in Clay County, where Loofe's body was found.

She said Boswell didn't pick her up until the 17th and they went straight from her house to the Ameristar Casino.

Trail and Boswell told K.B. she was going to help them pick-up cocaine from Grand Island and they were going to take her car. She said they went from hotel to hotel after that- from Council Bluffs to Grand Island to Kearney to Iowa before K.B. went back home on November 23rd.

She told jurors in the days between the 17th and 22nd, Trail and Boswell planned for her to kill someone and she agreed because she was scared of what would happen if she didn't.

"Did that mean my family would be hurt? Did that mean my baby brother was going to lose his life," K.B. said.

She said she didn't care what happened to her, just her loved ones.

K.B. said on November 18th she doesn't remember much. She said she woke up confused with bruises, allergies and hair dye on her pillow.

She told jurors that for the longest time she thought she had done something bad that night. She said looking back at that day after learning about the Loofe case she thought she had someone helped dispose of Loofe's body without knowing it.

The prosecution told her that didn't happen because Loofe's body was dumped on November 16 when K.B. was with her family.

While crying, K.B. described what she was doing the 16th; "I went to Wal-Mart and bought a cute sweater with a cat on it, and my brother put it on to wear because he thought it was funny." K.B. said. "I still have the picture."

K.B. said before she was dropped off at her home on November 23rd, she traded cars with Trail. She said she knew at that point the pair were wanted for questioning in a missing persons case, but didn't think they were involved at first.

"I know I was manipulated," K.B. said.

Testimony will continue Wednesday. The prosecution plans to show video from the hotels Trail, Boswell and K.B. stayed at.


A woman testified in Saline County court on Tuesday that she spent several days with Aubrey Trail and Bailey Boswell after Sydney Loofe died.

The woman, who 1011 is choosing not to name, is the third person to testify over the last two days in regards to spending significant time with the co-defendants as part of the pair’s sex cult.

The 23-year-old said she met Trail and Boswell through Tinder in early November of 2017 and spent three weekends at their apartment in Wilber, engaging in sexual activity.

The woman added she was required to call Boswell “mommy” and Trail “daddy” and required to give Trail massages and oral sex.

She said she was also required to have sex with Boswell while describing torture and killing techniques.

The woman said she was picked up by Boswell on November 17 and thought she was going with them on a trip to pick up cocaine.

According to the woman, she was supposed to hang out with them on November 16, but Boswell told her she was too tired and instead picked her up the next day.

Loofe went missing on Nov. 15 after agreeing to a date with Boswell on Tinder.

The woman said after Boswell picked her up, they bounced around from hotel to hotel in Grand Island, Kearney, and Iowa.

She said she got a few phone calls from the police asking her to get back to them, but didn’t learn Trail and Boswell were suspects in a kidnapping until the night before they dropped her off to go home.

She said she traded cars with Trail on November 22 and they went their separate ways.

She said she only stayed with them during that time because she was afraid they would hurt her family.

Earlier on Tuesday, testimony was heard from another young woman that she was a member of Trail's sex cult.

The woman, whose name we are choosing not release, will be referred to as A.G.

She told jurors she was also recruited to the group through Boswell on Tinder.

She said Boswell introduced her to Trail, who told her he could provide her with business opportunities "she could only imagine."

She said after she agreed to go into business with Trail, she went shopping with Boswell and to their Wilber apartment for the first time.

A.G. told jurors at the Wilber home she had sex with Boswell while Trail watched.

She said at that point she started getting involved in Trail and Boswell's antiquing business.

"That's what kept me there," A.G. said.

She said she wasn't interested in engaging in sexual activity with either Boswell or Trail, and only did a few times when threatened with punishment.

She said she was made to adhere to certain rules similar to those of the woman who previously testified, A.H. She said she was required to be naked in the Wilber apartment, to refer to Trail as "daddy" and help around the house.

She said she told Trail she was uncomfortable not wearing clothes and calling him "daddy." A.G. said after she earned Boswell and Trail's trust she was able to wear clothes in the house again.

A.G. said Trail and Boswell also talked to her about witches and vampires, but she didn't believe them.

However, she said she did believe them when they talked about killing. A.G. told jurors Trail and Boswell talked about taking a video of them killing someone and selling it for $1 million.

"I did think they would lay hands on someone, 100 percent," A.G. said.

She said that's why she eventually left the group.

But A.G. said it wasn't easy to leave. She said she often felt threatened by Trail and Boswell.

"They said I was easy to target, that they knew where I lived," A.G. said.

She said the last time she saw Trail and Boswell was several weeks before she was first interviewed by the police about Sydney Loofe's disappearance on Nov. 21.

She said she last talked to Trail and Boswell on the phone on November 16.

That's the day after Sydney went missing and the day phone records show Trail and Boswell dumped Loofe's dismembered body in a field in Clay County.

A.G. said the text conversation on the 16th was in relation to a cocaine drop off Trail and Boswell asked her to be a part of. She said the drop off never happened.

A.G. said when investigators approached her about Loofe's disappearance she wanted her to be found and even suggested investigators kidnap Trail's daughter in exchange for Loofe.

"I really wanted to find Sydney," A.G. said.

A third woman associated with Trail's group is also scheduled to testify.