Advertisement

Overnight fire started by discarded cigarette, causes $100K in damage

(KOLNKGIN)
Published: Jan. 16, 2020 at 5:45 AM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A discarded cigarette caused an overnight garage fire that resulted in $100,000 in damage, according to Lincoln Fire and Rescue.

According to LFR, the fire was contained to an attached garage near 52nd and Meredeth.

LFR said crews discovered heavy smoke from the garage and home upon arriving on the scene, and firefighters were able to quickly knock down the flames.

No one was injured, according to LFR, but extensive smoke damage to the duplex displaced two adults, two children, and a dog.

Damage to the home is estimated at $100,000. The cause of the fire was a discarded cigarette.

Latest News

Latest News