Firefighters battle blaze in NW Lincoln in frigid conditions

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. – The cause of a fire at a northwest Lincoln home Sunday evening was caused by a grill that was too close to flammable materials in the garage.

Firefighters were dispatched to the fire at about 5 p.m. after multiple callers reported a house on fire and a possible explosion.

Emergency crews responded to the 2700 block of Northwest Dahlia Drive to find flames shooting from a house.

Crews asked people to stay away as they believed there were propane tanks in the garage and fumes in the air.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue said the structure is a total loss. The damage is estimated to be about $300,000.

LFR said the two people who lived in the home are okay, and nobody is believed to have been injured by the fire.