Electrical issues cause Lincoln house fire

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Lincoln Fire and Rescue said a house fire in northeast Lincoln was caused by electrical issues.

Fire crews were first called to a home at 63rd and Fairfax, just north of Holdrege, around 1:15 a.m. Tuesday.

They only detected smoke and no fire.

LFR told the homeowners that some of the fuses may be inappropriate for the fuse box. They recommended they contact an electrician as soon as possible. Fire crews then left.

Then around 4:30 a.m. crews returned to the home on a report of a fire.

Fire crews said the fire started in the attic of the home and spread into the hallways.

According to LFR, the fire was likely a circuit overload.

LFR said the estimated damage to the home is $70,000 and around $20,000 in damage to contents.

We're told the people who live in the home will have to relocate for the day, but will be able to return home.