So far this fall, the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department has issued more than 10 food enforcement warnings to businesses in the Lincoln area. Four of those businesses were cited for repeat violations. Those businesses include:
Quality Inn, 3200 NW 12th St.
In Quality Inn’s most recent food enforcement notice, inspectors found mouse droppings on a can of nacho cheese. Some of the repeat violations included not having appropriate head coverings, a leaky pipe and not having a licensed food manager on site. The manager at the Quality Inn told 10/11’s Courtney Johns they are addressing the issues listed and have hired the appropriate people to make the needed repairs.
Bison Witches Bar and Deli, 1320 P St. #100
According to the report, inspectors found WD-40 on to same shelf as the salt and pepper shakers. Of the 11 violations in the food enforcement notice, five were repeat violations. This included employees not having current food handler permits and finding fruit flies in the bar area.
Texas Roadhouse, 6301 Apples Way
Inspectors cited Texas Roadhouse for keeping raw meat, butter and cheese at the wrong temperatures, a repeat violation. Inspectors also reported finding flies in the food prep area. The department says 11 employees had expired food permits.
The restaurant released the following statement…
“Food safety and sanitation is our top priority. We have a long and proud history of excellent health inspections and our restaurant is a previous winner of the city’s Food Sanitation Excellence Award.
All food related issues were corrected immediately and we subsequently received a 100% on the follow-up and a note that all issue were addressed. The only outstanding item was concrete repairs on the back dock, which is being addressed. We also received a nice comment from the health inspector praising us for our quick response.”
IHOP, 4501 N 27th St.
The department of health inspected IHOP on four different occasions in October. The initial food enforcement notice was issued after a complaint was filed. The report cited leaks in the dry storage area as well as over the hood of the grill. One week later, inspectors cited the restaurant for employees not having the necessary permits. The restaurant was also cited for two repeat violations, including one where an employee cracked some eggs and then started handling plates without washing his hands. When the inspector told the employee to wash his hands the inspector noted that the employee did not wash his hands for the required 20 seconds.