Shooting victim remains in critical condition, Jones charged with terroristic threats

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - As a 25-year-old woman remains in critical condition after being shot in Lincoln early Monday morning, a man arrested at the scene has been charged with yet another crime.

Davonnis Wilkinson, 25, was shot overnight Monday at Fairfield West Apartments, near 3rd and Fairfield Street, according to Lincoln Police.

No suspects have been arrested for the shooting, but Rashaun Jones, 27, of Lincoln was found inside the home when officers arrived, and was arrested for a domestic assault of Wilkinson that occurred on Sunday.

Drug charges, including possession with intent to deliver, were brought against Jones on Wednesday, and on Thursday, Jones was also charged with terroristic threats.

LPD said the incident leading to the terroristic threat charge took place between Aug. 11 – Aug. 18.

Authorities said Jones accused her of cheating, displayed a hand gun, and threatened her.

Each new charge brought against Jones has resulted in him being rearrested and lodged.

He is currently being held on $25,000 bond stemming from the domestic assault charge.

On the night of the shooting, three kids were also in the home when police arrived. Wilkinson has a total of 5 children, police said.

Lincoln Police Chief Jeff Bliemeister said nothing in the investigation has revealed there is an ongoing threat to the public.

Police responded to the area around midnight Monday where they found Wilkinson with multiple gunshot wounds.

LPD said Lincoln Fire and Rescue transported her to the hospital in critical condition with life-threatening injuries.

Court records show Jones called police to the home following the shooting.

In addition, according to a probable cause affidavit, a person matching Jones' description was seen outside the residence around 7:30 p.m. the night before the shooting.

The court records state the witness saw Jones pull into a parking lot near the home, approach a woman described as Wilkinson, and punch her in the face, knocking her glasses off.

When police arrived at the scene after the shooting, the witness told police about the incident, leading to the initial arrest of Jones.