LFR: Bourbon Theatre fire and evacuation could have been "disastrous"
Roughly 750 people were evacuated from Lincoln's Bourbon Theatre on Thursday night after a small fire started during rapper K Camp's concert.
According to LFR, around 10:00 PM, someone knocked over a container of kerosene while performing with fire.
Battalion Chief Jeremy Gegg said that person was not authorized to perform with fire.
LFR said the the performers would be cited for the violation, and other citations could be issued as the investigation continues.
The fire started right below a sprinkler head, which immediately activated and extinguished the fire.
As is procedure, Lincoln Fire and Rescue and Lincoln Police worked to evacuate everyone from inside the theatre.
Battalion Chief Gegg said the fire could have been disastrous, possibly even deadly, had the sprinkler system not activated.
The small fire caused $1,000 in damage to the Bourbon Theatre.
The theatre thanked LPD and LFR on its sign Friday, which is shown above.