Lit candle causes house fire in Lincoln | Dog found deceased

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Lincoln Fire and Rescue said a dog was killed in a house fire on Wednesday morning that was caused by a lit candle.

The call came in around 9 a.m. on Wednesday to 5101 M Street.

According to LFR, when firefighters arrived, they found smoke and flames coming from a bedroom in the house.

The fire was located on the back side of the home in a non-conforming basement bedroom.

LFR said all residents made it out of the home, but a dog was found deceased inside.

One person was transported to the hospital for treatment.

The Red Cross was on hand and working to help relocate the two people who live in the house, which was characterized as uninhabitable by LFR.

A fire inspector has determined the fire was caused by a lit candle and an estimated $70,000 worth of damage was caused.


View of fire from 10/11 drone