LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) -- A malfunctioning buffet heater started a fire inside the Golden Corral in north Lincoln, according to Lincoln Fire and Rescue.
A malfunctioning buffet heater started a fire inside the Golden Corral in north Lincoln on Thursday morning.
Fire crews were called the restaurant just before 5:00 a.m. Thursday.
LFR Battalion Chief Jeremy Gegg said firefighters had the fire out within ten minutes of arriving on scene with help from an overhead sprinkler that helped contained the flames.
The fire caused about $50,000 in damage.
In a statement sent to 10/11 NOW, Golden Corral said it'll re-open on Friday.
"We want to extend our appreciation for the quick response by first responders to extinguish a fire at our restaurant in Lincoln," said the Lincoln Golden Group in a statement. "The restaurant is closed temporarily while repairs are being made. We are looking forward to re-opening tomorrow in time for Valentine’s Day"