Advertisement

Generator running indoors ruled cause of carbon monoxide poisoning

(KOLNKGIN)
Published: Apr. 21, 2020 at 4:44 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Investigators have determined a generator was running inside the living space of a garage, poisoning three people with carbon monoxide.

As of Thursday morning, the three people pulled from the space remain in critical condition.

Rescue crews were called to the northeast Lincoln home at 45th and Starr Streets just before 4 a.m. Tuesday after a man reported his girlfriend and people in her home were having a medical emergency.

Responding officers went into the living space and pulled the three unconscious people out.

Lincoln Police said a man, 65, and two women, 31 and 49, were transported to the hospital.

The man and women were in the upper level of a garage that was converted into a living area.

According to police, the carbon monoxide levels were at 500 parts per million, which is considered a significant exposure.