State Patrol Investigating Shooting Incident in Tecumseh

By  | 

TECUMSEH, Neb.- UPDATE: The Nebraska State Patrol has released more information on the shooting incident in Tecumseh:

"The Nebraska State Patrol is investigating a shooting incident that occurred in Tecumseh late Friday evening.

The incident occurred at approximately 10:45 p.m. at a residence at 789 N 4th Street in Tecumseh. Approximately an hour before the incident, the residents of the address, Raymond and Janet Brown, received multiple threatening phone calls from two past co-workers, Colton Bridgewater, 26, and Levi Bridgewater, 20.

At approximately 10:45 p.m., Colton and Levi Bridgewater, along with their father, Kenneth Bridgewater, 50, went to the home of Raymond Brown, 64, and Janet Brown, 60. The Browns called 911 and told the Bridgewaters to leave. At that time all three Bridgewaters forced their way inside the home and began fighting with Raymond Brown. Both Raymond Brown and Kenneth Bridgewater were armed with handguns during the altercation.

During the fight, Brown shot both Colton and Levi Bridgewater. After additional struggle, Kenneth Bridgewater went outside and continued yelling threats at Brown. An off-duty Nebraska Department of Correctional Services officer, who was not part of the incident, was nearby and responded to the scene and assisted in deescalating the situation.

Johnson County Sheriff’s Deputies arrived on scene and arrested Kenneth Bridgewater for making terroristic threats, obstructing a police officer, use of a weapon to commit a felony, 2nd degree assault, criminal mischief, burglary, and trespassing. He was lodged in Johnson County Jail.

Colton and Levi Bridgewater were taken to the Johnson County Hospital and later flown to Bryan Medical Center West Campus in Lincoln with serious injuries.

This is an ongoing investigation. NSP requests anyone who may have additional information or anyone who received threats from anyone involved in this incident to call Nebraska Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-1494."

News Channel Nebraska
The Johnson County Attorney’s Office reports that one man is in custody and two men are hospitalized following an overnight shooting in Tecumseh.

According to the press release, 50-year-old Kenneth Bridgewater and two other men attacked a Tecumseh resident at his home.
The homeowner shot the two other men, whose names are not being released at this time.

They were taken to the Johnson County Hospital and airlifted to Bryan LGH for treatment of their injuries.

Bridgewater was arrested for terroristic threats, burglary, second degree assault, and use of a weapon to commit a felony.

A firearm was recovered at the scene. A bond hearing will take place Wednesday. The Nebraska State Patrol and the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office are continuing to investigate this incident.

TECUMSEH — A late night melee in Tecumseh sent multiple victims to the hospital. According to scanner traffic, officers were called to 789 North 4th street in Tecumseh shortly before 11:00 p.m. Friday night. A medical helicopter was called to transport a gunshot victim from the Johnson County Hospital. The Johnson County Sheriff’s Department rushed to the scene within minutes after the initial call. Multiple Nebraska State Troopers and investigators responded to the scene. This is a developing story. NCN’s Dan Swanson is on scene.

UPDATE at 1:39 AM:

Deputy Johnson County Attorney, Benjamin Beethe, told NCN that there were “gunshots” last night and that there are multiple agencies investigating. Beethe said one person was taken to a trauma unit in Omaha or Lincoln. He also said that there was a “crime unit coming.” The Johnson County Attorney’s office is working on a press release that will provide more details.

NCN’s Dan Swanson said that at 1:45 AM a crime unit truck arrived on scene. The area around a home is taped off.