Omaha business fire, explosion caused by arson

By  | 

OMAHA, Neb. - The State Fire Marshal has determined the cause of a fire and explosion at an Omaha business.

State Fire Marshal Deputies said arson is the cause of Sunday's fire/explosion at Wardrobe Spa.

They discovered evidence of tampering with the natural gas system in the building, not affiliated with the utility operator, Metropolitan Utilities District.

Authorities have made no arrests in connection to the investigation, as the investigation is ongoing. Total estimated damage for the structure, not including equipment, is $350,000.

The Sarpy County Sheriff’s Office is assisting with the investigation.

Again, this incident was not related to the utility operator and there is no ongoing threat to the public.