Classic car lost in early-morning garage fire

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) -- A classic Ford Mustang was destroyed in a garage fire Monday morning in Lincoln.

Firefighters were called to the garage fire in south Lincoln near 35th and Mohawk around 3:30 a.m.

LFR said the detached garage was used as a sleep space.

A total of $25K in structural damage was caused, and an additional $50K in contents was lost.

Fire Inspector Ken Hilger said the fire was likely caused by a space heater or a candle, but the situation is still being investigated.

LFR said one person was taken to the hospital as crews were on the scene of the fire.

According to LFR, the person's injuries were unrelated to that fire. That person had approached crews at the fire scene to assist with a medical emergency.