Cat killed in fire at Lincoln apartment on Wednesday

By  | 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) -- Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews said two people are displaced and a cat is dead after a fire at the Argosy Apartments on Wednesday morning.

Rescue crews were called to the fire, near 5200 R Street, just before 9:00 AM.

LFR crews were on the roof of the complex and cut a hole for ventilation.

No injuries have been reported, and a total of $80,000 in damages was caused. LFR said there was $50,000 in damages and $30,000 in contents.

However, LFR did say a cat died in the fire.

According to LFR, the flames were contained to one unit in the apartment.