LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - Two former Nebraska Football players were arrested on Tuesday afternoon in connection to a sexual assault investigation.
Lincoln Police said 20-year-old Andre Hunt was arrested for Aid/Abet 1st Degree Sexual Assault, while 19-year-old Katerian LeGrone was arrested for 1st Degree Sexual Assault.
Both were redshirt freshman on the team. LeGrone played tight end, while Hunt was a wide receiver. A Nebraska Athletics spokesperson told 10/11 NOW Tuesday night the two are no longer on the team and were removed from the roster when they entered the NCAA transfer portal last Friday.
Offensive Coordinator Troy Walters announced their suspensions on August 28th following practice. At the time no reason was given as to why they were suspended indefinitely. On August 29th, Head Coach Scott Frost would also not comment on Hunt and LeGrone's suspensions.
On December 5th, ESPN Outside the Lines published a report that said LeGrone and Hunt violated the school's sexual misconduct policies and face a 2.5 year suspension from the university.
The police report obtained by Outside the Lines said a woman reported a rape to Lincoln Police that happened on August 25 at an off-campus apartment. Police said the victim is a 19-year-old woman.
10/11 NOW asked the Lancaster County Attorney about the case involving Hunt and LeGrone last month, but was told the attorney had met with the victim and charges would not be filed.
A lieutenant with the Lancaster County Jail told 10/11 NOW both were processed and are currently in the jail.
Both are scheduled to appear in Lancaster County Court via video conference at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.