2 cups of steamed potatoes, mashed
1 (14oz) can sauerkraut, drained
½ pound shaved corn beef
1 cup 1000 Island salad dressing
1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese
4-5 slices or 3 cups rye bread, cubed
2 Tablespoons butter
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray 8x8 aluminum casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Add mashed potatoes to cover bottoms of casserole dish. Slightly mash potatoes with fork to achieve desired consistency.
4. Next, add a layer of sauerkraut.
5. Sprinkle corn beef over the top of the sauerkraut.
6. Drizzle 1000 Island dressing on top of corn beef.
7. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
8. Melt butter and mix with bread. Put bread on top of casserole.
9. Cover casserole with foil.
10. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover casserole and bake for an additional 10 minutes.