Rockies vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 28
The New York Mets (27-26) visit the Colorado Rockies (23-30) at 3:10 PM ET on Sunday, with both teams hoping to win the series.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Mets will send Tylor Megill (5-3) to the mound, while Austin Gomber (4-4) will take the ball for the Rockies.
Rockies vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 3:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet RM
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Venue: Coors Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Megill - NYM (5-3, 4.32 ERA) vs Gomber - COL (4-4, 6.48 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Rockies Injury Report|
|Mets vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Mets vs Rockies Player Props|
|How to Watch Mets vs Rockies|
|Mets vs Rockies Odds|
|Mets vs Rockies Prediction|
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Austin Gomber
- The Rockies will send Gomber (4-4) out to make his 11th start of the season. He is 4-4 with a 6.48 ERA and 31 strikeouts in 50 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Wednesday against the Miami Marlins, when the left-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed a 6.48 ERA and 5.6 strikeouts per nine innings during 10 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .277 to his opponents.
- Gomber is looking to pick up his fifth quality start of the season.
- Gomber has put together six starts this season where he pitched five or more innings.
Austin Gomber vs. Mets
- The opposing Mets offense has a collective .244 batting average, and is 18th in the league with 431 total hits and 17th in MLB play with 233 runs scored. They have the 19th-ranked slugging percentage (.394) and are 15th in all of MLB with 60 home runs.
- Gomber has a 3 ERA and a 1.167 WHIP against the Mets this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .238 batting average over one appearance.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tylor Megill
- Megill (5-3) will take the mound for the Mets, his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 3 2/3 innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 4.32 ERA this season with 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.5 walks per nine across 10 games.
- He has started 10 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in two of them.
- Megill has made seven starts of five or more innings in 10 chances this season, and averages 5 frames when he pitches.
Tylor Megill vs. Rockies
- The Rockies rank eighth in MLB with a .258 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 16th in the league (.403) and 43 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Rockies one time this season, allowing them to go 6-for-18 with three RBI in 4 2/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.