Rockies vs. Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 30
The Colorado Rockies (24-31) will look to Ryan McMahon, currently on a four-game homer streak, against the Arizona Diamondbacks (31-23) at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday, at Chase Field.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Diamondbacks will send Zac Gallen (6-2) to the mound, while Kyle Freeland (4-5) will take the ball for the Rockies.
Rockies vs. Diamondbacks Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: BSAZ
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Venue: Chase Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gallen - ARI (6-2, 2.97 ERA) vs Freeland - COL (4-5, 3.86 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Rockies Injury Report|
|Diamondbacks vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Diamondbacks vs Rockies Player Props|
|Diamondbacks vs Rockies Prediction|
|How to Watch Diamondbacks vs Rockies|
|Diamondbacks vs Rockies Odds|
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kyle Freeland
- Freeland (4-5 with a 3.86 ERA and 42 strikeouts in 58 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rockies, his 12th of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Thursday against the Miami Marlins, when the lefty went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 30-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.86, with 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 11 games this season. Opponents are batting .270 against him.
- Freeland is looking to collect his seventh quality start of the year in this outing.
- Freeland will look to pick up his 10th game of five or more innings pitched this season. He's averaging 5.3 innings per appearance.
Kyle Freeland vs. Diamondbacks
- The opposing Diamondbacks offense has the fifth-ranked slugging percentage (.434) and ranks 16th in home runs hit (61) in all of MLB. They have a collective .263 batting average, and are seventh in the league with 482 total hits and sixth in MLB action scoring 271 runs.
- Head-to-head against the Diamondbacks this season, Freeland has thrown six innings, giving up three earned runs on five hits while striking out three.
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zac Gallen
- The Diamondbacks' Gallen (6-2) will make his 12th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Philadelphia Phillies, giving up two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 11 games this season with an ERA of 2.97, a 5.36 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.020.
- He has earned a quality start six times in 11 starts this season.
- In 11 starts this season, Gallen has lasted five or more innings nine times, with an average of six innings per appearance.
- The 27-year-old's 2.97 ERA ranks 15th, 1.020 WHIP ranks 11th, and 10.1 K/9 ranks 20th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.