Patrick Mahomes II vs. Trevor Lawrence in Week 2: Chiefs vs. Jaguars Preview, Stats
Which team has the edge under center when Patrick Mahomes II and the Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) clash with Trevor Lawrence and the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) at TIAA Bank Field on September 17? For in-depth analysis on how we expect these two signal callers to fare in this matchup, read on.
Chiefs vs. Jaguars Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: TIAA Bank Field
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Mahomes this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Patrick Mahomes II vs. Trevor Lawrence Matchup
|Patrick Mahomes II||2022 Stats||Trevor Lawrence|
|5,250 (308.8)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||4,113 (241.9)|
|358 (21.1)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||291 (17.1)|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Jared Goff vs. Geno Smith in Week 2
- Click here for Josh Allen vs. Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 2
- Click here for Matthew Stafford vs. Brock Purdy in Week 2
- Click here for Jordan Love vs. Desmond Ridder in Week 2
- Click here for Zach Wilson vs. Dak Prescott in Week 2
Jaguars Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Jaguars' defense was 12th in the NFL with 20.6 points allowed per game and 24th with 353.3 total yards allowed per contest.
- When it came to stopping the pass, Jacksonville ranked 28th in the league in passing yards allowed per game with 238.5, and it ranked 19th in passing touchdowns allowed (25).
- Against the run, the Jaguars gave up 1,951 total rushing yards (12th in NFL) and ranked seventh in yards allowed per rush attempt (4.2).
- On defense, Jacksonville ranked 24th in the NFL in red-zone percentage allowed at 59.6%. In third-down efficiency allowed, it ranked 29th at 43.2%.
Who comes out on top when the Chiefs and the Jaguars square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Chiefs Defensive Stats
- Last season, the Chiefs allowed 21.7 points per contest (16th in NFL) and 328.2 total yards per game (12th).
- When it came to defending the pass, Kansas City was midde-of-the-road last year, ranking 19th in the NFL in passing yards allowed with 3,756 (220.9 per game).
- Against the run, the Chiefs' D was clicking last season, as it ranked eighth in the league with 1,823 total rushing yards allowed. When it came to rushing TDs, the team ranked fifth with 10 rushing touchdowns allowed.
- Defensively, Kansas City ranked 31st in the NFL in red-zone efficiency allowed at 67.3%. In third-down percentage allowed, it was 13th (38.3%).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.